CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Are you hooked?


I'm a little behind. I just started reading the Twilight series. I finished Twilight in 2 1/2 days and started the New Moon last night. I'm having a hard time getting in to this one and it's starting off slow. I'm so sad that Edward is gone. My friend Jennifer has read the series 3 times and says the book will get better and to just keep going. If you haven't read these yet, Do it. I'm not a reader but did read a 500 or so page book in a little over 2 days. Trust me.... You will get hooked!

13 comments:

Heather said...

Oh yeah! They are the best! I cannot wait for the 4th one this weekend! Hooray! :)

Emily said...

It is such a good series. Yes, the second book isn't that great but it gets better once Edward comes back into the picture. The 4th book is out in August.

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

I'm so glad that you started reading them. It's a good time to get started because you won't have to wait forever for the 4th book to come out like the rest of us!

Shalece said...

Ya i got kinda bored until a little over half way through, but keep going! You will be even more hooked when you're done :)

Anne Marie said...

Keep reading. It is not as intense as the first, but watch out. I haven't read the third yet (starting tonight) and I have the fourth one reserved which comes out on Saturday!!!! Happy reading! Also go to the website she has on her book and read Edward's version of the story. I think it is titled Midnight Sun. It so makes you want that version to come out tomorrow!

Julie Avery said...

oh goodness - love it! I'm not a "reader" either and I finished all 3 books in 2 1/2 weeks. That's HUGE for me. Did you preorder the new one yet? I'm sooo excited!

Jennelle said...

oh gosh I can hardly wait until Breaking Dawn comes out in a few days...I am dieing.

Jackson 3 said...

Okay Okay... I've heard about these series for almost a year now! I guess I need to start reading! I'll pick one up the next time I go out. :)

Da Bergs said...

I am so excited! I am going to Costco Sat. morning to get the new one!!!!

K. Rex said...

Ya I read the book in 4 days it is wonderful! But you are right in the second book it starts of fast and is very slow!!! I am so sad Edward left too! Edward come back!!!

Heidi said...

i still have yet to get the 4th book. I just know as soon as I get it, I will not be of any worth to my family. I need to plan it out!

Jennelle said...

Just finished #4!!!! aaaahhhhhhhh!

and ya I hated that Edward was gone too...I felt like I had actually broken up with someone, it sucked!

Blackburn5 said...

Sarah I started reading them in April And the second book dragged forever. It's not the same without Edward. I loved the series and also read The Host which I liked. Enjoy. I told my aunt Dorian to read them and she liked them
Dayna