CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, February 12, 2009

FIRST time ever in the snow!

On the way back from the dinosaurs there was so much snow on the mountains and it was so far down the mountain that we decided to drive off the freeway. Maybe 10 minutes later we found this.

We ended up at Rylies Farm. The kids have never seen the snow before and they loved it. We were really cold and totally not prepared but it was fun.
My feet weren't even cold!

4 comments:

Da Bergs said...

How fun!!! BUT, are you crazy??? I know it is Cali and we LOVE our flip flops but girl...

Brenda Scarlett said...

too much fun! isn't the snow great??? :)

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

That is so funny! I remember going to find snow and being unprepared (because who really owns snow clothes when it never snows?) and we would sled down hills with trash bags and cardboard wearing our jeans and tennis shoes!! Do you remember how miserable you felt after 5 minutes? But boy was it worth it!!

We should go sledding while you are here, wouldn't that be fun? We can go skiing, too, if you want. Sean saved you a free lift ticket in case you want to go!

Molly Malia said...

i love that last shot of your feet... makes me want to cry... cause that is what mine look like... it SHOULD be SAND!!!!