CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fun in the Tub with Bathtub Paint



Kids love to painting. Moms don’t love to clean up the mess. What if you could combine painting with cleaning the bathtub?
This is bathtub paint. You can make it thick and use it as finger paint, or you can dilute it and use it with paintbrushes. This “paint” is washable, does not stain and will help you clean your tub.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup of Dish Detergent
  • 1/2 Cup of Cornstarch
  • 1/2 Cup of boiling water
  • Food Coloring (liquid kind is best)

I used antibacterial, scented hand soap. Know whatever soap you use, your kids will coat themselves with it – so be sure to pick something that won’t cause a reaction.

Directions:

Mix the cornstarch into the hot water until it is dissolved and the consistency is pasty. Add the soap and mix until there are no chunks. Add food coloring. Store in an airtight container.

The paint may separate slightly when stored, stir before use. Test the paint on a patch of your tub to ensure that your food coloring does not stain – and have fun!

No comments: