CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, March 7, 2008

Hollie's first hair cut






The other night we got chinese food for dinner. Hollie was dipping won tons in sweet and sour sauce. Next thing I knew she was telling me, "Mommy I got sause in my hair!" Her hair is so long that i just figured the end of her pony tail got in it. NOOOOO!!!! it was all on the back of her neck and up in her hair on the back of her head. How does that happen? So we finished dinner and went up to take a bath. When she got out I told her that we were going to have a hair cut. She started freaking out! She hates to have her hair washed or brushed and she knows when I put her up in the bathroom sink thats whats gonna happen. I told her it wouldn't hurt and to be very still. She did really good. I've been wanting to cut her bangs for a long time cause they are always in her face. I think she looks really cute. It totally changes her look and took a lot of staring at her to get used to it. This morning she told me that she didn't want her hair cut anymore. OOOOPS! I ended up cutting off 13 inches. Only her bangs. Non of the back.

5 comments:

melissa gargalis said...

she looks so much older. It's super cute.

Heidi said...

WOW! 13 inches? that is so long! I would totally miss that if it was on one of my girls.
way to be brave!

Molly Malia said...

dude, now she totally looks like you! at that age! fun!

Anne Marie said...

She looks beautiful with bangs cut. I did that with my second daughter and I love the look. Enjoy having fun with them.

Jackson 3 said...

How cute! I love the bangs. You did a pretty good job there!!